Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Do Mermaids Exist?

Do Mermaids Exist or is it just a Myth?


While coastal flooding millions of years ago turned some of our ancestors inland, is it possible that one group of our ancestors didn’t retreat from water but rather went in deeper? Could they have ventured farther into sea out of necessity and to find food? The Aquatic Ape Theory makes it possible to believe that while we evolved into terrestrial humans, our aquatic relatives turned into something strangely similar to the fabled mermaid.

MERMAIDS: THE BODY FOUND makes a strong case for the existence of the mermaid, a creature with a surprisingly human evolutionary history, whose ancestral branch splits off from a shared human root. The film is science fiction, using science as a springboard into imagination and centering the story on the following real-world events:

In the early 1990s, the US Navy began a series of covert sonar tests, which were linked to mass die-offs of whales, which washed up on beaches throughout the world. For years, the Navy denied they were responsible for these beachings.

In 1997, scientists at the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recorded a mysterious sound (called “The Bloop”) in the deep Pacific, which was thought to be organic in nature. It has never been identified.

After a recent re-airing, fans and detractors are taking to the web to discuss the show and debate whether or not it’s a real doc or just something Discovery cooked up for ratings. And while it’s true that no one really knows for sure what may lie at the depths of some of our oceans, it seems Animal Planet is simply saying “anything is possible”. The film is meant to be sci-fi–that’s fiction–based on two mysterious pieces of information which can’t be proved or disproved.

 Watch Video at http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/mermaids/videos/mermaids.htm

If there is a topic that you would like for me to post, please feel free to let me know and I will try to cover that topic in a future post.

You can also ask questions, give feedback or just state your opinion about any post you read here by simply commenting using the comment section at the bottom of the post.

2 comments:

  1. I was told by a friend of mine to check out your web site, and that was a few weeks ago. when i came on here I was lifted by you excerpt from your book. so i look every week to see what you post. I like the things you post and I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support. I just started this blog page. A close friend of mine encouraged me to start writing again. I was distracted and now I feel like I'm back on track. I'm still learning how to find my way around this blog page, but I'm trying to build my audience. Please subscribe to my page and become a member. It's that tab on the top right side that reads "Subscribe to PIE." Thank you and I'm so happy that my writing touched you.

    ReplyDelete