Monday, December 10, 2012

EVERGREEN UPROOTED (CHAPTER 4 EXCERPT)




Shockingly, Buck had become my new stepfather overnight.  I remember Buck and Mommy were standing in front of Mommy’s bedroom window, blocking the sunlight.  The light shined around the frame of their bodies.  I could see Mommy's cut-up face from the car accident.  She had on a look of gratitude.  I stood there, stunned.  I was unable to connect to my true feelings about my new daddy.  Mommy had had boyfriends in her past but she didn’t marry any of them.  I thought, What is so special about Buck?  I wanted to ask, “Why him?” but I wouldn’t dare.  I just stared, feeling dazed, as though I was dreaming.  Mommy swiftly snapped me out of it.  “Secret!  Stop daydreaming.  Now this is my husband and your father, I want you to respect him and call him ‘Daddy’ from now on.  Go tell your sisters that I got married and they are to respect my husband.”
“Okay Mommy.”
“Are you happy to have a father now?”
“I guess so.”



Read the rest on Kindle http://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-Uprooted-Memoirs-Secret-ebook/dp/B009HYTC3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350781086&sr=8-1&keywords=evergreen+uprooted

Buy Paperback http://www.amazon.com/Evergreen-Uprooted-Memoirs-N-A-Z-Pankey/dp/0615340237/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1350781086&sr=8-2&keywords=evergreen+uprooted

Become a member of my blog and please submit your email address. http://evergreenuprooted.blogspot.com/
 If there is a topic that you would like for me to post, please feel free to let me know and I will try to cover that topic in a future post.

You can also ask questions, give feedback or just state your opinion about any post you read here by simply commenting using the comment section at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment