Monday, December 30, 2013

WAIT ON THE LORD

This blog is dedicated to an awesome sister Kym'ya Montgomery who has recently come into my life. Although she asked for my help she has been a blessing to me and has inspired me to keep writing and sharing my testimony. 

I love to hear that my experiences, rather good or bad are helping my sisters and brothers. 

The title of this blog is "Wait On The Lord." Sometimes our happiness emotions and salvation depends on it. 

Has anyone ever met someone a knew that they were going to play a significant role in your life. Well that's what happened to me. 

I had just broke up from a four year relationship. I have financial security in this relationship but I was not happy. See I was pregnant and he didn't want our baby. All he wanted to do was go to the restaurant and eat since neither one of us could cook. Lol. 

Now I'm not going to waste too much time on him because the story is not about him - that's another blog for another day. 

But to make a long story short, one day he strangled me and I fought back. And when I say I fought back, I FOUGHT BACK!  

Later I became very ill and learned that our baby had died in my stomach. Since our baby did not come out, but was in my stomach, but not living I had to have a DNC. A few more things occurred and I will write about that in another blog. 

When we broke up that's when I started to live. I was having the time of my life. I had a job that I loved and I had some awesome friends to hang out with. My weekends started on Thursday and ended Sunday. 

I'd drive to a club in White Plains New York on Thursdays. Thursday night was ladies night - Buy one drink and get the other one for free! The music was great and I had fun. 

Friday was the comedy show at BBQ's on Fordham Rd in the Bronx, hosted by my favorite comedian Capone. (this was way back in the day before he started hosting the Apollo and became well known) 

Saturday night was Open Mic Night in Harlem which was also hosted by Capone. 

Sunday's was old-school night which was at a club call Mingles on Boston Road in the Bronx. Mingles was across the street from my three-bedroom home. I rented this home because it was similar to the home that I grew up in with my grandparents.  

One week out of my many weeks of partying was special. My friend and I went to Madison Square Garden to see a comedy show. I had a few drinks and left feeling buzzed. I wasn't ready to go home and neither was she, so we went to BBQ's Friday night comedy show. I don't remember how many Heineken's I drank, I just remember getting up over and over and over again and going to the bathroom. 

After the comedy show my friend and I were headed to her car. It was around 3 o'clock in the morning.  A man stop me. 

He was taller me and I had on heels, so I was about 6 feet. I'm guessing he was around 6'2". He was light-skinned with freckles but not too many, sandy brown hair, and he had a mustache that was brown, sandy brown, and blonde. He wore a brown suede blazer,  blue jeans with a patch of suede and cream on the bottom, and brown leather shoes to match his blazer.

"Excuse me Miss, I saw you inside but decided to wait until after the show to approach you. You are beautiful. I was wondering if I can have your number so I can call you sometime."

I looked at him through his prescription shaded glasses that were not too dark to wear in the evening. "Okay, my name is Nadira."

I liked his style and his approach, so I gave him my home number my cell phone number and my work number. I even drew a heart underneath my name. 

He took the paper and asked "When can I call you?"

"Call me this morning when you wake up." 

My girlfriend was calling me. It was late and she was ready to go home. As I walked away I turned around and asked, "What's your name?"
"Jimmy."

I sat on the passengers side of my friends car and I watched Jimmy walk away. I wondered where is he walking to? Is he taking the train home does he have a car does he live in the area
















No comments:

Post a Comment